Skip to main content

I dream of you

Sometimes I dream of you...

You are a baby. We cuddle. You coo. I can smell your sweet breath. 
Our hearts beat as one.

Sometimes I dream of you...

You are a cancer warrior. Bald as a cue ball. Spunky and strong. I fight for you to live. 
I struggle, helplessly, as I watch you die.

Sometimes I dream of you...

You are a child who has never known cancer. Your blond curls bounce in the breeze. 
Your brown eyes penetrate my soul. 
You speak with a wisdom far beyond your years. 

Sometimes I dream of you...

You are older. Or younger. It is not you...and yet it is. 
Your hair and eyes are of a different hue. 
And yet I know that it is you.

Sometimes I dream of you...

And then I wake up. 
And you are gone. 
It's not enough.