Skip to main content

A new meme: Browser ABCs

While strolling (not trolling) through some of my favorite blogs, I found a fun new meme on Avitable's website.  It seems he got the idea from The Verdant Dude. The gist of the meme is to put each letter of the alphabet into your browser and see what website comes up. If you're working in Chrome or Firefox, you will get a pretty accurate collection of your most frequently visited websites.  As I type this, I haven't even tried it yet so I have no idea what is going to come up. I promise to share my results just as I find them. Drum roll please...

A-The official ABC website.  I will admit that I have been catching up on Desperate Housewives lately. How is it all going to end?

B-The CJSTUF blog (since the official web address is blog.cjstuf.org)

C-The CJSTUF website. No surprise there.  

D-Google Docs.  I use it a lot for work. 

E-My Eagle Rare Life entry. All that daily voting certainly paid off!

F-There's this thing called Facebook.  Maybe you've heard of it. 

G-Yeah, and then there's gmail. I'm getting to be fairly predictable here. 

H-This took me to the list serve group page for the Fredericksburg Area Autism Action Group, a community group I work with as part of my job with Commonwealth Autism Service
I-This blog. Again, no surprise.

J-The James River Writers group. I've recently started following their events and activities and they have all kinds of monthly networking opportunities.  Now I just have to find time to participate in them.

K-Klout.  Yet another social media tool that sucks our time and turns those of us in the blogosphere into narcissists and attention hounds (if we weren't there already).  I have gotten a few cool perks from the site, though.  What's your +K score?

L-Linked In.  My name is Rachel. I think I'm addicted to social media.  

M-Google Maps. 

N-Netflix.  Since we dropped the cable last year,this is the source of most of my evening entertainment.  

O- Office365.com. Work email. 

P-The generic PBS website.  My source for Downton Abbey when I need to play catch up!

Q- This took me to a web query I did on the IRS website.  Apparently I was searching for additional forms for our CJSTUF 990.

R-My website.  The runner up was the always funny Some eCards site.  Visit daily for a dose of humor.

S-The website we were using to check our Internet speed back when Verizon kept messing things up in December.  I spent a lot of time with tech support. 

T-Do I have to tell you that it's Twitter

U- The Postal Service website.  I look up a lot of zip codes.

V-Verizon. See letter S for more information on that. Runner up was Virginia Blood Services.  I donate platelets frequently. 

W- The Weather Channel website.  Since I don't have cable, it's my instant source for the latest forecast.

X- XL Design 4U. This local business does a lot of our printing and promotional work for CJSTUF.  They do a great job and Lori donates 10% back to CJSTUF for any orders that mention our organization.  If you live in the Richmond area and need promotional or printing items, check them out. 

Y-Yes.  It's You Tube. No. I am not a Reply Girl

Z- Damn you, Verizon! You are undeserving of my time, energy, or browser space!

What does your web browser say about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Edge of Seventeen

It's that time of year when the blog musings center on my grief journey. Every year, it seems like we are busy with end-of-the-year school activities and the start of summer, planning vacations, and then (kablam)...it's almost July 9.  Grief is funny. Grief is weird. I remember very early after Charlotte died, I watched the movie Rabbit Hole.  There's an amazingly poignant scene where Nicole Kidman's character is talking with another woman who lost a child over 10 years before (played by Dianne Wiest). She talks about grief being like a brick in your pocket. It never goes away. Sometimes you can even forget it's there. But it comes back and makes its presence known from time to time. And (she says) "it's what you have of them."    I probably did not fully realize then what a powerful and true analogy that is. As time goes on, our grief changes. Yet, it is always there on the edge of things. It sits in that pocket and sometimes makes itself known.  This

The Stages of Grief: COVID Edition

It's 2020. It's almost Christmas. We're still in the middle of a pandemic. In fact, we are experiencing what appears to be an incredible surge that is exerting tremendous pressure on our healthcare and social service system. The headlines are clear: we're not done with this madness and December 31, 2020 will not magically be the "end of it".  Earlier in the year, our family thought about whether we might be able to travel at this time. We thought that maybe the curve would be flat enough that we could take a few days away from home during the Christmas holidays. We realized that the pandemic would still be happening, but with the right protections and with prolific mask usage, we could get a much-needed change of scenery. During what is now (clearly) a delusional thought process, we booked a stay in Gatlinburg, Tennessee for the week of December 19th. Spoiler alert: we canceled the trip almost two weeks ago.  Canceling this trip was not a tragedy. In fact, I

Bittersweet Sixteen

I think about Charlotte every single day. However, this time of year, I'm flooded with all kinds of memories as we commemorate the anniversary of her birth. This year feels like a bit of a milestone. Sixteen.  If cancer had not taken her life back in 2010, I have a feeling I would be planning a massive birthday celebration this year. 16 always feels like a landmark year in someone's life.  I have been thinking a great deal about the last birthday party we had for Charlotte in 2009. We didn't know it at the time, but we were halfway through her treatment journey. We had been through three major brain surgeries and a few rounds of inpatient chemotherapy. Treatments were not going well. In fact, right after her birthday, we would make the trip to Houston, Texas where we would settle in for about 10 weeks of proton beam radiation treatments and a new customized chemotherapy protocol. This was the unspoken "last chance option" to beat that aggressive brain tumor into